Monday, August 8, 2011

Dear Family,
 
Hey, I didn't get to hear much this week from people. It all seemed kind of short. That's ok though I understand if you're all busy. I'll tell you a bit about my week.
 
This week I got to go on exnchange to Leeds with one of my zone leaders. It was really good and I got to learn a lot from him. It' helped me a lot to know what I need to do to be a leader and to stay more organized, but as well how to more effectively help the other missionaries. It was a long exchange though, from Monday to Wednesday. Some fun parts though, last P-Day got filmed a little bit playing basketball because one of the missionaries has a film crew following him making a documentary. I love it that some P-Days we get to go play basketball in Leeds. On the exchange I also got to meet a player for the Leeds Rhinos rugby team. He's a member of the church and is really nice. He fed us lunch. Elder Horner my other zone leader was with Elder Cumming in Keighly and was jealous that I got to go. He thought that we were going to barbecue but we didn't.
 
The rest of the week has been fun and a learning week. We have a baptism this week here in Keighly. We got to take him down to Bradford this weekend though to see one that was going on there. It was neat because I got to see some old ward members there that I haven't seen for almost a year. It was so great. I love this area. But ya we have a baptism coming up which will be great this week and we have a lot of new people we hope to get investigating this week. Elder Cumming and I have really been working hard on "keeping it real". To be more natural and friendly with people to help them feel that trust and Spirit from the very beginning. Hopefully it'll get us out of patterns that we sometimes get into while finding. It's a really good skill that I am already seeing good results in and will make the rest of my mission epic as I learn to master it. Elder Cumming has been getting on my nerves this week a little bit. He gets really down on himself. If I try to give him some feedback he just takes it really negatively so I working on that to make him more positive. We have a focus this week to study charity and love.
 
Well I hope everything is going good at home right now. I've been getting a lot of questions and advice lately about what I'm going to do when I get back. Come on I got 6 months left! That's forever right? No I know I need to think about these things but I'm not dwelling on it too much. There's a few things I need to get sorted out, but I'm looking forward to the next 6 months and finishing strong. So ya no worries.
 
I miss you all
Love
Elder Dudgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment