Friday, February 12, 2010

One Week

It is the time now. Only a week left until I leave for England. It has been a hard but exciting time. It has taken a little longer to get going but well worth it. I have refreshed this blog. Gotten rid of old posts, changed pictures, and added new information. My wish is to change the feeling of this blog to being more respectable, humble, and deeper and not just the rants of a teenage boy. This is the best way for people to keep in touch with what I am doing. My time to write letters will be limited but will do my best to write those that write me. And if you are unfamiliar with LDS missions, I cannot bring my cellphone, I cannot call, nor facebook, or blog. So this will be my last post on here. After this, someone from my family will post updates that I send home in letters or emails for all to read.

So my final week is this... Finish packing, finish talk, have big dinner with the family, speak at church, open house, say last goodbyes, make sure all affairs are in order, be set apart, and finally go to airport and get on a plane.

There are so many thoughts going through my head as well as fears and stresses. But I am proud and happy to say that I feel ready. There are still a few bags left to pack but that is all physical things. I have felt an assurance deep inside me, telling me that I am ready. And it is thanks to my family, friends, and God for bringing me to this moment in my life. None of them ever gave up on me even when I might have given up on them. I bear testimony and witness of the truthfulness of God and his son Jesus Christ. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the true church and is the restored gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith Jr. was a prophet of God and translated the Book of Mormon. It has taken me many years to know these things are true and will take more to know the full capacity of all there is to understand. I look forward to serving people. I cannot wait to hear from all of you and to write back. Thank you for all your support.

Elder Blaine Chad Dudgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment